Thursday, March 09, 2006

This post was inevitable.

Women are NUTS. I used to believe that I was a hopeless romantic. Now I'm just hopeless. I believed that someday my "Romeo" was gonna ride up and take me away where we would live happily ever after, drinking beer, raising babies and waving our pride flag.

She would always be butch and handsome and I would always wear a ton of eye liner and flip flops. There would always be nights at the bar and we would find ourselves at home in the community...

Well... You know what. **** that. I want stability. I want a degree. I want love and passion yes... But I would gladly trade all the beautiful love poems in the world if I could find a girl not on mood stabilizers.

I mean really... Is it the lesbian community or is it just my generation? My age? Society? Could someone please tell me what's wrong with women? And by women I mean the cute butchy lesbians... You know the one you always mistake for a 15 year old boy. The tattooed, beer drinking, Levi wearing, spikey haired DYKES.

Recently I was completely disrespected by a butch lesbian that was pursuing my affections. This discomforted me more than the lewd comments and stares I receive from men everyday. Cause she is a woman (albeit a very masculine woman but none the less). She has ovaries, and a uterus, she knows what cramps are and the horrors of tampons. And yet she still chose to disrespect me based on my feminine identification. I felt VIOLATED.

It is a sad day when a woman can not be safe and respected even amongst other women. And I know it has always been sad like that. But I was naive. I thought perhaps we were better than that.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

ahhh, there's some cute li'l butchy dykes left that are NOT rude and disrespectful ... be patient and you'll find one, too. shit, if i can find mine in south bend, indiana, i know you can find one in ... ummmmm ... whereever you are.

of course, she's on anti-depressants, too, but at least she's not freaking psychotic!!! :D

best hint i can give is to simply stay away from the bar scene ... there are some great folks there, but i know more people who've had better luck with finding a quality relationship away from the bar than at it. :D