Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Chicago is Going Green...


And its not for Earth Day. St. Patrick's Day is right around the corner and this will be the first since I turned 21 two years ago that I can celebrate in true Irish style. And what better place to do so than in Chicago???? A city notorious for over doing everything. As always the festivities include dyeing the river green, the parade and lots and lots of beer... And I for one plan to be at the parade drinking beer like every other individual with even a smattering of Irish Heritage.

Now see I'm super excited for this year cause last year was a flop! It was my first St.Pattys day in Chicago and I was dating someone who was more Irish than me. So we went off to the parade... WITH HER MOM... AND NO BEER. And lawn chairs. And blankets. And NO BEER. And she fell asleep in the middle of the parade... And it sucked...

This year shalll be done right.
So on another note... My mouth is killing me. My wisdom tooth is a stubborn little bastard... And wants to come in yet again. It does not understand that there is NO room for it and it also doesn't understand that I don't have dental insurance...

This does worry me some, cause well this tooth does this all the time. However what if this is the time that it doesn't stop TRYING to come in (like its brother on the left side of my mouth did one thanksgiving) and I end up having to get it removed? How is that gonna go over? How am I gonna be able to afford that? Not to mention the hellish recovery I went through last time.

So since starting this blog I have not been nearly the shopping fanatic that I am usually. But a super bargain the other day does bear mentioning here. I found this spring/summer dress in a pretty black and green print, its a Nine West design. Original price tag: $129.00, Marked to original clearance: $83, The Rack's Price: $63, Clearance sticker: 75% off.... My price $17.41.... I am such a rock star.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

what parade are you planning on going to? the only one that matters - the one on the southside???

XO-JK said...

Of COURSE! It is afterall the only one that matters!

Bar L. said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Bar L. said...

You are a rock star for getting that bargain! Don't you love that!

Hey, thanks for stopping by my blog. I am so glad you did because I have been reading here and really like your style of writing and your interesting posts.

Also - cool photo, it took me a while to "see" it, very nice. I'll be back :)

P.S. Green beer just isn't right -ick. I know it tastes the same, but still!!!