Monday, March 13, 2006

One Fish, Two Fish. Green fish, Go Fish.


Well its been a few days since I posted but I've been super busy. Saturday was filled with family antics and Sunday with the South Side Irish parade. P made certain that me and Stinky were decked out in true Irish pride... The result... Stinky the lepropimp... I don't know what else to say about it... It was as always a wonderful time.

Last night I had a "date". And for the first time I realized that I am not as unjudgemental as I would like to believe. I still don't know if I am more bothered by the fact that I am guilty of this, or because I judged someone who didn't deserve it, who is in fact a remarkable person. Now I just need to sort through everything going on in my head and develop a plan of action.

So tonight. Family time. We are playing go fish.
P: Hey Stinky... You should hit me up for a seven.
*SMACK*
I cant remember the last time I laughed that hard at go fish...

So today I bought a beautiful amber ring. It was a $80 ring on super clearance... And totally stunning. But not my size so I took it to be sized. I met this amazing artist with a small jewelry repair studio. We talked and talked about jewelry, what it says about people, quality, the actual actions of making jewelry. It was nice.

I chose amber for a reason... It started out as simple tree sap... And time has made it into something precious... Time. Hopefully this ring can serve as a reminder that I just need to sit back and let time work its magic. One day at a time. No more rushing to make things happen.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

One of the best things in life is probably to take things as they come. Unfortunately, it's so hard to do, especially with all the worries people have these days.

The amber is an excellent choice in reminding yourself that time is powerful.

Omni said...

Amber is special; if you rub it with a cloth, it will be able to attract little bits of paper and such. :-)

(Click here if you dare)

Frances D said...

You two look adorable.
Happy St. Paddy's
I'm half Irsh myself and I intend to be out celebrating tonight!
Take care.

An Irish Blessing
May there always be work for your hands to do.
May your purse always hold a coin or two...
May the sun always shine on your windowpane,
May a rainbow be certain to follow each rain....
May the hand of a friend always be near you;
May God fill your heart with gladness to cheer you.