Monday, March 27, 2006

Stupid I Pod... And thinking too much....

So last night I did see Casanova... And that is all I will say about that *soft smile*. But riding the bus home at 10:30 I had my I pod blasting in my ears... And by some cruel stroke of fate ever song that it shuffled brought back memories of a girl... Or a time where there was a lot of hurt... Lets run through the track list...

Take You With Me by Melissa Etheridge (Punk Ass)
Wide Open Spaces by Dixie Chicks (the burnsville apartment)
God Bless This Broken Road by Rascal Flats (Pickle)
Bring Me To Life by Evanessence (Georgia)
Dirty Little Secret by The All American Rejects (Casanova)
One Wish by RayJ (the bastard)
here's To The Night by Eve6 (Poppy Ann)
Let Me Go by Matchbox20 (PA)

All these songs brought back such intense memories... And I realized that they are all gone... The moments, the places, the people, the time... And I am left with a life that is completely disconnected from the past I have lived. Yet the person I am in this time and place is a direct reflection of all that came before.

So what do I owe to them? How much anger is allowable? How much love is understandable? Why have I been so introspective lately...

On another note... I am supposed to go to Minnesota for a visit Wednesday... However. My entire family has influenza, so unless I find another place to stay I am going to forgo my airfare and stay home.

Though this is a much needed vacation, and my friends have some much needed hugs for me. NOT TO MENTION!!!! I found out yesterday that I have a new nephew I didn't know about!!!! One of my "sisters" who I had lost touch with found me online the other day and left me a message! So I talked to her yesterday... My nephew is 5 months old and his big sister who I haven't seen in a couple of years is 4 now!!!! They grow up so fast...

1 comments:

Jaxson said...

I totally do the same thing with songs and people, though my list isn't as extensive. That's not a bad thing, just different :-) I find it funny when the association between song and person is kind of random though. Like, that song just happened to be in your head at the time of something important, even though it's completely unrelated. hehe