Sunday, March 05, 2006

CONFESSION

I AM A GEEK

So yesterday was an interesting day. And it all leads back to me being a geek. Start the morning out with a fun trip to Bitty Basketball to watch Stinky become the next Lebron James (shout out to Today In Sports), well... Athletic time with a group of 4-6 year olds is ALWAYS a crack up. ALWAYS. This week was time to hand out birthday party invitations cause Stinky's party is coming up... And subsequently this involves small talk with parents. So me and P are sitting there chatting with one mom... She seems a little alarmed by our reading selections... P=serial killers. ME= Smashed (a memoir of drunken girlhood) Then randomly out of NOWHERE she turns to me and says... The coach is CUTE, maybe you should date him, i hear he's single. WTF! Scroll up and you will be reminded about the problem with this... I AM THE LESBIAN NANNY!

Hour later... Sitting in the kids hair salon.... Watching this woman with a one year old girl (super cute) swoon over her daughters first hair cut, she was like 6 months pregnant... And barbie... The woman and child had matching UGG boots and cracked me the hell up... I looked at this high maintenance woman and wondered if perhaps this is what is wrong with the world today or maybe there is just something wrong with me???

Hour later... Driving in shitty traffic the following conversation is heard when P brakes to avoid hitting the moron that swerved infront of us.

P: FUCKING IDIOT
ME: whoa... Language.
Stinky: You said Idiot Mommy.

WHAT THE HELL!

Enter Joann Fabrics: and my brilliant plan to learn to Crotchet... LOL.... This is not going so well... But I will update you as it develops for flops... Whichever....

Well Stinky wants to play on the computer. And I want a nap. So till later.

1 comments:

Unknown said...

I've been failing in my quest to learn to crochet for quite some time.

crochet.about.com has been helping me not learn.