Tuesday, February 21, 2006

One of those golden days

Today was one of those rare beautiful instances where everything starts to fall together perfectly. It was one of those days where I felt like a princess, Albert Einstein and a rockstar all at once...

For starters it is the 21st... RENT (the movie) was released on DVD, and instead of being broke, as I assumed I would be when I heard of the release, I was schealuded to participate in a focus group which was gonna pay $75 dollars... So I get up and get dressed... And throw on some clothes.... Take a bus... Get there fill out some forms... Eat a turkey sandwich... Text message with an extremely cute girl... And then POOF they call in the group... Except ME! Ok... Initially I was tripping a little... I mean... What no money?!?!?!?! But. Then the lady comes to explain to me that they always over schelude people and that I needed to wait ten minutes and if they were happy with the rest of the group I would be paid and free to go... Summary... I got paid $75 dollars to text message and eat a turkey sandwich.

I then proceeded to Borders to purchase RENT! Oh my god!!!!!!!! I can watch it everyday for the rest of my life!!!

Enter Stinky- I picked him up super early and we came home... He was SOOOOOO GOOD! We ate dinner together, and talked, and played computer games and did home work. After home work he looked at me and said "thank you my sweetheart". We had a couple rough spots where he was caught lieing or doing something he shouldn't but both times he accepted the punishments (one a time out and the other extra homework).

All in all it has been one of those blissfully amazing days. I hope I'm not disappointing you with the lack of chaos and angst in my life.

Though I was forced to speculate on how all these small simple things are so amazing today cause they were all clumped together. How often do we as people overlook the minor miracles in our life cause it was just one small thing that went right in the rest of the chaos? More importantly why do we have to treat the chaos as something bad... Perhaps we make mountains out of molehills. Perhaps life doesn't have to be so tiresome afterall.

0 comments: