Wednesday, April 05, 2006

No Place Like Home

So I'm back. Didja miss me???? Apparently Stinky and Casanova missed me. And now its Minnesota's turn to miss me. This was by far the best trip home in a long time... I got to see a lot of people I haven't seen in a long time... (including my middle school bully who's girlfriend is flipping HOT). Things went ok with my family... And the worst I can say about the trip is that I got a cold and developed laryngitis... Yup... I have no voice...
Highlights of the trip....

As Always.... THE AMERICAN.... All my favorite home town people in one place... Screaming to the I POD with J on the way home... Laughing with Candy all night... Although... For future reference to all the MN crew--- FRIENDS DONT LET FRIENDS DIAL DRUNK! especially not after being at the American for 3 hours!

New Friends: I had the wonderful joy of meeting a couple new people at least one of which will become a wonderful friend (I dub her... Twinkle). Twinkle is one of my best friends (J) new girlfriend. And I have to say after knowing her for almost 7 years now I have never ever ever seen her this happy and positive and wonderful.

I think the best part about being home was ultimately just being there... Sitting around the kitchen table... Rolling in the blazer... Cuddling with my sister and her fat cat Scooter... The same old bars... The same old faces. I missed them. I know that without a doubt Chicago is my home... But so is Minneapolis. The funny thing about this trip is a lot more of it was spent just sitting around and doing nothing. And I loved it. it was nice. I only accomplished 8 of the 13 on my Thursday thirteen... But it was a wonderful trip...

However... Not everything is meant to go smoothly! As I said before I did get a bad cold and spent part of my trip curled up on the couch watching bad movies and cuddling with a box of tissues... I also "broke" my cell phone (the mic went out) so now I have my dad's old cell phone (model is about a year and a half old) but... It works... When I get the pictures e-mailed to me from J I will post them here... Till then...

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

you are the best sister ever jilly. we had so much fun with you.. my woman really likes you and thinks you are really fun.. we miss you bunches and cant wait to see you again!!!!! lots of love ill get those pics to you as soon as i go to my parents house..