Thursday, April 20, 2006

Todays Thursday Thirteen... We are gonna play with the i pod... 13 random songs from shuffle... and why they are important to me...

1- Shawn Mullins, Lullaby: When I was 15 this cd came out and my brother had just been born. I liked the idea of the emo girl sitting in a bar, and someone telling her "everything will be alright". The idea that sad girls exist and don't just fade away.

2-Goo Goo Dolls, Slide: This cd never left my cd player my senior year... Ecspecially this song.. I thought it spoke everything i felt about my first girlfriend... "i wanna wake up where you are" ecspecially cause we went through a period where we were never together cause one of us was always in the hospital, sent off to relatives, or in foster care... "And I'll do anything you ever dreamed to be complete.... Oh hey put your arms around me what you feel is what you are and what you are is beautiful."

3-Lindsey Lohan, Take Me Away- well sometimes I wanna just be an angry punkish girl... but i dont have the guts to go hardcore... Its fun pre-party music though...

4-Hole, Celebirty Skin- God i dont even know where to start with this song... I heard this the night i lost my virginity... the first time i used Meth... a million times at my favorite club performed by my favorite drag queen... This song... Best ever.... Cruising in the sunfire with my sister Bethy.... Trying to pretend we were cooler than the two kids from the suburbs should be.

5-Biff Naked, Stolen Sidewalks: When i was first diagnosed as bipolar... my life was at the point of laying in bed staring at the ceiling for hours listening to this song... Her voice is so angsty and the words were exactly what i needed to feel less alone...

6-Anna Nalick, Digame: Just so pretty... I love the way Anna Nalick romances words into lyrics....

7- Paul Simon, Mother and Child Reunion: How fitting for this song to be the one with this artist... I grew up listening to this music... I was raised by a single mom... who is somewhat of a hippie... and this is what i grew up dancing to around the house... Love for him is something my mom gave me... and i always remember what an incredible woman she is when i hear this...

8-Daddy Yankee, Culo: Reggaeton... Its the funnest to dance to and the latina women are stunning... I love the combination of the spanish dancing with the club dancing i've always known... Brings passion to the dance floor

9-Ja Rule and J lo, I'm Real: I don't know... I love to dance to it and sing with it... "and when i'm feeling sexxy who's gonna comfort me"

10-Jessica Andrews, Rosemary's Grand Daughter: I remember the first time i heard this song... I wasnt in to country just yet but all of a sudden there was this song about being just who i am... and loving it... and i embraced it... (and its fun to sing)

11-Jodee Messina, Burn: This song just inspires me... constant reminder to do whatever i choose... As long as i burn with passion for what i am doing... cause life is too short to not love every moment.

12-Brad Paisley, Little Moments: This song is a new addition... Darling played it for me the other night and since then it never ever fails to make me smile... and think about what a love like that would really be like..

13-Kid Rock, Follow Me- My J's song... I love that girl... This song... its all about friendship... and cruising in speedy....

0 comments: