Wednesday, October 04, 2006

So I've been thinking.....

so i had my systems change and intervention class today and we got to talking about school violence, and of course what happened at columbine came up. I know I'm not an expert and that i'm not always right but it did sadden me to hear so much blame cast about... blaming everyone but the students... Its the parents fault... its the teachers fault... its the laws fault cause we can't use capital punishment in our schools... its the internets fault cause thats how they found out how to make a bomb....

What about student judgements???
What about peer pressure???
What about peer osterasization???


I was a senior in highschool when Columbine happened... and i remember how deeply i was touched. I remember looking around my own school and seeing the segregation and judgement and realizing that it could happen there...

Sometimes i think that when we speak of change... first we must look at our own attitudes.

0 comments: