Monday, October 23, 2006

mid terms

so mid terms have come and past and so far i'm batting 100% for the semester!

I'm stoked... this semester has been a lot of challenges but i seem to be doing ok...

I made my tape for counseling skills last week and i did better than i thought i would... i get the teacher review today...

I started volunteering for the disability linkage line last week, it was actually pretty cool. My first day on the job i started researching resources to add to the database...

I still have one more mid term paper to turn in but it is a no brainer...

I was thinking about my life recently and how someone once told me i would never better myself cause i dont want it.... (got to thinking about this when it came to the discussion of generational vs situational poverty and how my family ended up where we are because of a situation)... what i came to about this is that this person has no room to judge... I am going somewhere with my life... one small step at a time, but it sure beats backsliding. I fight everyday against a disability and work through the anxiety and depressive symptoms. I am happy to look in the mirror every day and satisfied with the life i am building...

so maybe for now i am at the bottom of the barrell as far as money and possesions go... those things dont matter anyhow... what i do have is the ability to forgive, an education underway, a loving partner and family, amazing friends, and my needs met. I am satisfied with life... sure it would be nice to make more money and have more things... but in the end i will get it all...

most importantly... I have people that believe in me.

0 comments: