Thursday, April 19, 2007

Good morning... Not really.


This is what i got to wake up to this morning. My neighbors house burning down... Thankfully it wasnt my house. but when you live in a trailer park all it takes is one spark for tragedy to hit.
we were woken up this morning, either by someone banging or windows exploding. in hindsight i'm no longer sure. Shortly after the propane tank on their grill exploded and a tree caught fire... A really big pine tree. by then sparks were flying everywhere and the back lawn had caught on fire. This is the house that is almost directly behind ours. My dad was out there hosing everything down so nothing would catch on our house.
thank god our house is still standing... again. This is the second fire on our block in 2007. and its only april. Its made me realize how fragile our life is, how fragile stability can be... One spark and it can be all gone. Home, pictures, memories, security.... everything. and truthfully i dont know what my family would do if something like this happened to us.
I wish i could write more or say something profound... but i'm just so shocked, so scared, so overwhelmed...

1 comments:

Landlady of Fat said...

Wow.

I'm glad you're ok! Are you neighbors ok??